Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Vanished London

09 October 2011

1872 – The Church of All Souls, Grosvenor Park, Camberwell, London

Architect: Henry Jarvis & Son Described as “The inside is spacious (two bays of the nave are screened off at the west…. paintings of Old and New Testament worthies in the spandrels of...

16 July 2009

1873 – Mansion House Buildings, London

Architect: J. & J. Belcher Detail of Queen Victoria Street front, elevation & section, as published in The Building News, July 4th 1873. “These buildings, which are now well known, are situated at...

16 July 2009

1873 – New Zealand Chambers, Leadenhall Street, London

Architect: Richard Norman Shaw Demolished. From The Building News, September 5 1873: “We have the satisfaction this week of giving a doublr-page illustration of a characteristic and picturesque block of buildings in Leadenhall-street,...

16 July 2009

1873 – St. Luke’s Parsonage House, Victoria Docks, London

Architect: Giles & Gane Published in The Building News, December 12 1873: “We give an exterior perspective, and ground and chamber plans, of this parsonage. It being a marshy soil, and there being...

01 July 2013

1874 – Old Furnivals Distillery, Nos. 26-27 High Holborn, London

Architect: George Somers-Clarke Published in The Building News, December 26 1873: “Nos. 26 and 27, High Holborn, have been taken by Messrs. Henry Brett and Co., of the Old Furnival’s Distillery, and have...

31 May 2011

1874 – Paper-Staining Works, Goswell Rd., London

Architect: Perry & Hanson From The Building News, August 28 1874: “The illustration represents the Goswell-road front of the Paper-Staining Works recently rebuilt, after a fire, for Messrs. Erwood and Co. The front...

17 July 2013

1874 – St. Peter’s Church, Eaton Square, London

Architect: Arthur W. Blomfield St. Peter’s was designed in a classical style by the architect Henry Hakewill, completed by 1827, and featured a six-columned Ionic portico and a clock tower. In 1874, the...

16 July 2009

1875 – Boyd Workman’s Institute, Victoria Docks, London

Architect: Giles & Gane Founded by Henry Boyd, local vicar who was instrumental in trying to improve the lifes of the dockers and their families through education. In the 189s a centre for...

08 March 2010

1875 – Church, Cambridge Park, Twickenham, London

Architect: Raphael Brandon Possibly never built as designed – existing church on site seems to be by Lockwood & Mawson. This sketch of tower and chancel was published in The Building News, April...


Skip to toolbar