Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Vanished London

08 February 2011

1876 – New Curriers Hall, London Wall, London

Architects: J & J Belcher Perspective of facade published in The Building News, July 2nd 1875. The Curriers’ Company dates from 1272 when the Mistery of Curriers became a trade association. In the...

28 November 2012

1876 – Proposal for New National Opera House, Thames Embankment, London

Architect: F.H. Fowler Now the site of the New Scotland Yard buildings by Richard Norman Shaw.

16 July 2009

1876 – Royal Aquarium & Winter Gardens, Westminster, London

Architect: Alfred Bedborough

16 July 2009

1876 – St. Matthews Mission House, Westminster, London

Architect: Ernest Lee Perspective view published in The Building News, August 11th 1876. Demolished.

26 August 2010

1877 – Colin Hunter’s House & Studio, Kensington, London

Architect: J.J. Stevenson Including Elevations,Sections & Plans as published in The Building News, June 25th, 1880. Designed for Colin Hunter (1841-1904), a major nineteenth century Scottish etcher and painter of marine sunjects. In...

06 May 2014

1877 – Doulton Factory, Lambeth, London

Architect: Tarring, Son & Wilkinson Roger Dixon and Stefan Muthesius call the Doulton pottery complex, as it originally stood, “one of the most comprehensive commercial establishments in any city” and that its slender...

16 February 2011

1877 – Emmanuel Church, West Dulwich, London

Architect: E.C. Robins This parish church was demolished in 1966 due to fire damage. In association with a local authority housing development, a new complex comprising both church and youth club buildings was...

16 July 2009

1877 – New Church of St.Mary, Whitechapel, London

Architect: Ernest C. Lee Completed in 1877. Three years after it had been opened on the 26th of August 1880, it was destroyed by a fire which left only its tower, vestry and...

09 October 2012

1877 – The Church of St. Agnes, Kennington, London

Architect: George Gilbert Scott (Jnr) Demolished after World War II following serious bomb damage. This church is described in The Buildings of England, London 2: South as “one of the noblest Gothic Revival...

Skip to toolbar