Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Vanished London

09 October 2012

1877 – The London Mission House, New Broad Street, London

Architect: E.C. Robins Original design as proposed and published in The Builder, September 29th 1877.

21 December 2009

1878 – Saint Mildred’s House, The Poultry, London

Architect: J.J. Cole Offices of Gresham Life Assurance Society built on the site of St. Mildred’s church which was sold and demolished in 1872.

20 July 2009

1878 – Shop Corner, Cornhill & Gracechurch Street, London

Architect: Robert W. Edis Published in The Building News, August 16th 1878. “We illustrate this week a small shop-front which has lately been completed at the corner of Gracechurch-street and Cornhill, for Mrs....

30 December 2013

1878 – Turkish Baths, Camden, London

Architect: H.H. Bridgeman Published in The Building News, November 29 1878: “These buildings, which were opened last night, occupy a triangular site in the rear of two rows of new houses and shops,...

05 October 2009

1879 – Tower House, Bedford Park, Chiswick, London

Architect: Richard Norman Shaw Designed by Richard Norman Shaw for Jonathan Carr, developer of Bedford Park, and was built in 1878. It had 16 rooms and tennis and badminton courts in its grounds....

05 November 2009

1880 – Westwood House, Sydenham, London

Architect: John L. Pearson Westwood House started life modestly around 1720 as an Inn but was developed and redeveloped over the years culminating in John Loughborough Pearson’s design for Henry Littleton in 1881....

24 August 2009

1881 – Central Institution of the City & Guilds of London, South Kensington, London

Architect: Alfred Waterhouse Published in The Building News, December 23rd 1881. The Central Technical College building was designed by Alfred Waterhouse, better known as the architect of the Natural History Museum. The City...

14 August 2012

1881 – Dock Masters Houses, Royal Albert Dock, London

Architect: Vigers & Wagstaffe “Our illustration, taken from the drawing in the last Royal Academy Exhibition, shows the houses now being completed for the London and St. Katherine Dock Company, near the entrance...

28 August 2009

1881 – New Stables, Brick St, Park Lane, Mayfair, London

Architect: James Brooks “Our illustration represents a group of stable buildings about to be erected in Brick-street, Park-lane, for the Marquis, under the direction of Mr. James Brooks, and is taken from a...