Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Durham

23 February 2010

1875 – Grammar School, Darlington, Durham

Architect: George Gordon Hoskins Now the location for the Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College which was established in 1970 on the site of the old Queen Elizabeth Grammar School. Much of the building...

23 October 2009

1875 – Woodside, Preston, Co. Durham

Architect: Adams & Brown From The Architect, December 11, 1875: This house is being built from the designs of Messrs. Adams & Brown, architects, Stockton- on-Tees, and is situate at Preston, on ground...

02 September 2012

1876 – National Provincial Bank of England, Stockton-on-Tees, Durham

Architect: John Gibson From 1864, John Gibson was architect to the National Provincial Bank designing branches around the country. The bank was the National Provincial Bank of England(1876-1917), the National Provincial and Union...

19 June 2009

1876 – New Bank Premises, Sunderland

Architect: John Gibson Built for the National Provincial Bank of England – who operated from 1833 until its merger into the National Westminster Bank in 1970. Designed by bank architect John Gibson who...

19 June 2009

1876 – The Hartlepools Exchange, West Hartlepool, Durham

Architect: G.G. Hoskins

02 November 2009

1881 – St. Cuthbert’s New Church, Ushaw, Durham

Architects: Dunn & Hansom Ushaw College (St Cuthbert’s College, Ushaw) is a Roman Catholic seminary, founded at Douai as the English College, Douai in France in 1568, which moved to Ushaw Moor, four...

03 July 2009

1888 – Vicarage House, Herrington, Durham

Architect: J.H. Morton

19 June 2009

1891 – Royal Assembly Hall, South Shields, Durham

19 June 2009

1892 – Church of St. Aidan, West Hartlepool, Durham

Architect: J.H. Morton