Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Durham

01 January 2014

1898 – Technical Schools, West Hartlepool, Durham

Architect: H.A. Cheers “These buildings are an extensive range erected by the Town Council of West Hartlepool for mechanical science and art instruction, and are an attempt to give a large amount of...

07 May 2010

1899 – The Southend Estate, Darlington, Durham

Architect: Robert E. Brinkworth “This terrace of houses, of which we give a view with plans, is about to be commenced, and the undertaking forms part of a scheme for the laying out...

19 June 2009

1903 – Cottages, Long Newton, Durham

Architect: Harrison & Hunter

19 June 2009

1906 – St. Thomas’s Girls Secondary School, Red Hill, Durham

19 June 2009

1906 – Sunderland Branch Library, Durham

Architect: Hugh Hedley

12 July 2009

1910 – Municipal Buildings, South Shields, Durham

Architect: Ernest E. Fetch After many years of delay and debate about the best site for a new Town Hall to meeting the needs of the rapidly expanding Borough of South Shields, it...

20 May 2011

1920 – Durham County Hospital

Architect: Edwin T. Hall & E. Stanley Hall From The Building News, July 23, 1920: “This group of hospital buildings occupies the southern aspect on the slope of a hill, there being a...

20 May 2013

1920 – Selected design for West Hartlepool War Memorial, Durham

Architect: George J. Coombs, A.R.C.A. A competition for the memorial design was managed by architect Ernest Newton, RA, who was then President of Royal Institute of British Architects. The winner was George J....

Pages:« Prev123