Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of North East England

10 November 2009

1880 – Bell Terrace Schools, Newcastle Upon Tyne

Architect: Oliver & Leeson “This group of schools was one of the first erected by the board. It is carried out entirely in stone, with Ashlar dressings and slated roofs. Accommodation is pro-v-ided...

20 September 2009

1880 – Church of St. Cuthbert, Hunslet, Leeds, Yorkshire

Architect: Perkin & Bulmer Perspective view including interior view & ground plan published in The Building News, February 20th 1880.

07 July 2009

1880 – Day Industrial & Infants School, Gateshead, Northumberland

Architect: Oliver & Leeson Perspective view & ground plan as published in The Building News, March 26th 1880.

14 July 2009

1880 – New Borough Asylum, Kingston upon Hull, Yorkshire

Architect: Smith & Broderick The buildings enclose a double square, furnishing on either side a roomy airing-ground for the more troublesome of the patients. The central portion runs from south to north in...

01 September 2009

1880 – New Coffee Tavern, Todmorden, Yorkshire

Architect: Jesse Horsfall Published in The Building News, June 18th 1880.

20 September 2009

1880 – New Offices & Warehouses, Leeds, Yorkshire

Architect: Maurice B. Adams Perspective view published in The Building News, May 28th 1880. Built for Messrs.Wilcock & Company. Burmantofts Pottery was the common trading name of a manufacturer of ceramic pipes and...

31 August 2009

1880 – Schools at Byker, Newcastle upon Tyne

Architect: Austin & Johnson Published in The Building News, June 11th 1880.

29 September 2009

1880 – Schools, Batley, Yorkshire

Architect: Walter Hanstock Published in The Building News, October 22 1880. “This perspective drawing was prepared before the plans were sent to the Education Department for approval, and does not show the exterior...

31 August 2009

1880 – St. Matthew’s Church, Newcastle upon Tyne

Architect: Austin, Johnson & Hicks “This church, as will be seen from the plan, has been designed for a very peculiar and restricted site, which is surrounded by buildings on every side except...


Skip to toolbar