Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Liverpool

21 March 2012

1878 – The Exchange Art Galleries, Liverpool

Architects: Salomons, Wornum & Ely Commercial art galleries for Messrs. Agnew & Sons, published in The Building News, September 20th 1878. Agnew & Sons were prominent art dealers, with premises in Manchester and...

13 July 2009

1879 – South Branch, Liverpool Savings Bank, Lancashire

Architect: G.E. Grayson Sadly no longer in use as a bank branch, semi-derelict.

13 July 2009

1880 – Commercial Premises, St. Vincent St & Lord Nelson St, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: John Douglas

25 October 2009

1880 – Commercial Sale Room Buildings, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: J. Francis Doyle “This building, erected for the sale of fruit and provisions, comprises a sale-room built in the form of an amphitheatre, with gallery round three sides, over 40ft. square, occupying...

01 September 2009

1880 – House, Aigburth, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: J.M. Brydon Published in The Building News, June 11th 1880.

24 August 2009

1881 – Liverpool School of Art, Lancashire

Architect: C.O. Ellison Second Premiated Design, perspective view including ground & 1st floor plans, published in The Building News, March 11th 1881. “The selected design in this competition was published in the Building...

23 February 2010

1881 – Liverpool School of Art, Lancashire

Architect: Thomas Cook First premiated design in architectural competition. “We illustrate this week the first premiated design, by Mr. T. Cook, architect, 12, St. George’s-crescent, Liverpool. The areas of the various rooms were...

01 September 2009

1881 – The Exchange Station, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: Thomas Mitchell Third Premiated Design for The Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Company. The directors of the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway selected the following designs – 1st, £750, Mr. John West, 4, South-parade,...

13 July 2009

1882 – Savings Bank, Scotland Road, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: G.E. Grayson

06 March 2012

1882 – St. Lukes Art Workshops, Myrtle St., Liverpool

Architect: Henry Sumners Perspective view including ground plan as published in The Building News, June 23rd 1882. Designed by Henry Summers, this building became the studio and offices of Norbury, Upton & Paterson,...