Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Lancashire

11 November 2015

1885 – Church and Presbytery, Over Darwen, Lancashire

Architect: Pugin & Pugin Described in The Irish Builder, “This church, the foundation stone of which was laid by the Bishop of Salford on the 3rd of May, last year, was originally designed...

13 July 2009

1885 – Corn Exchange & Chambers, Corn Market, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: Lewis Hornblower

06 August 2009

1885 – High Altar, West Gorton Franciscan Church, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: Pugin & Pugin

26 January 2012

1885 – Presbyterian Chapel, Whalley Range, Manchester

Architect: Magnall & Littlewoods Proposed Presbyterian Chapel – perspective view, ground plan & interior – published in The Building News, December 25th 1885. Description from The Builder, October 24th 1885: On the 10th...

29 June 2009

1885 – Redcourt, Claughton, Lancashire

Architect: Edmund Kirby Front & rear perspective views, including plan published in The Building News, August 28th 1885.

13 July 2009

1885 – St. Paul’s Church, Oldham Road, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: John Oldrid Scott With a very distinctive spire, the church was demolished in the 1960s. Perspective view of tower & spire published in The Building News, May 23rd 1879.

09 December 2009

1886 – ‘Stoneacre’, Swinton, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: J. Langham Designed and built for Dr. O’Grady around 1885-86. Published in The Building News, February 5th 1886.

23 June 2010

1886 – Abbeystead, Wyresdale, Lancashire

Architect: Douglas & Fordham Designed for the 4th Earl of Sefton and published in The Building News, July 9th 1886. The partnership of Douglas & Fordham designed the house and it has been...

14 December 2009

1886 – All Saints Church, Heaton Norris, Lancashire

Architect: Preston & Vaughan Perspective published in The Building News, June 4th 1886.