Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of North West England

16 June 2009

1878 – Simms Cross Schools, Widnes, Cheshire

Architect: F. & G. Holme Perspective View including ground & 1st floor plan for the Widnes School Board, published in The Building News, April 11th 1879. “This building, opened in November last, is...

16 June 2009

1878 – St. John’s Church, Egremont, Cumberland

Architect: C.J. Ferguson Perspective view & ground plan, published in The Building News, August 23rd 1878. “This church, of which we give an exterior view, is about to be erected in an outlying...

29 June 2009

1878 – Stoneyhurst Church & New College Buildings, Lancashire

Architect: William C. Banks

29 June 2009

1878 – Summer Cottage at Formby, Lancashire

Architect: Bell & Roper From The Building News, August 9 1878: “Messes. Bell and Roper are the architects of the above house, building as a summer residence for E. R. Heap, Esq., at...

21 March 2012

1878 – The Exchange Art Galleries, Liverpool

Architects: Salomons, Wornum & Ely Commercial art galleries for Messrs. Agnew & Sons, published in The Building News, September 20th 1878. Agnew & Sons were prominent art dealers, with premises in Manchester and...

29 July 2009

1879 – Bridge over the River Lune, Underley Park, Cumbria

Architect: Daniel Brade Designed by Daniel Brade, an architect from Kendal, perspective view including details & plan were published in The Building News, May 9th 1879.

14 April 2012

1879 – Chapel for The Catholic Cemetery, Clitheroe, Lancashire

Architect: S.J. Nicholl Perspective & interior Views including plan published in The Building News, July 11th 1879.

29 June 2009

1879 – House & Stables, Didsbury, Lancashire

Architect: George F. Roper Perspective view published in The Building News, June 20th 1879.

29 June 2009

1879 – Over Darwen Town Hall, Lancashire

Architect: Charles Bell The selected design including ground & 1st floor plans as published in The Building News, October 24th 1879. At a meeting of the Local Board on 3rd June 1878 a...