Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of North West England

20 January 2014

1897 – Wesleyan Church, Crosby, Lancashire

Architect: J. Francis Doyle Design for a Wesleyan Church in Crosby, then near Liverpool, now a part of Sefton.

05 February 2014

1897 – White Star Line Building, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: Richard Norman Shaw & J. Francis Doyle Designed by Richard Norman Shaw with J. Francis Doyle, it was built for the Ismay, Imrie and Company shipping company, which later became the White...

16 June 2009

1898 – Brocklebank Chapel, Heswall Church, Cheshire

Architect: J. Francis Doyle “This building was the gift of Mi. Thomas Brocklebank and Mary Petrena, his wife, in memory of their father Ralph Brocklebank. It has been executed from the designs of...

12 April 2010

1898 – Cartmel Fell, Windermere, Cumbria

Architect: C.F.A. Voysey Published in The Building News, July 27th. 1898. House to be built at Cartmel Fell, Gillhead, Windermere, Cumbria for J.W. Buckley esq. Front & Rear Perspective Views & Plans. Formal...

11 February 2012

1898 – Clerks Houses, Port Sunlight, Cheshire

Architect: William Owen “One of the most complete settlements erected in modem times is the village at Port Sunlight, where the proprietors, Messrs. Lever Bros., have built some three hundred and twenty-eight houses...

20 February 2013

1898 – Conservative Club, Barnoldswick, Lancashire

Architect: J.W. Broughton “This building, which was recently opened by Lord Wenlock, was designed by Mr. J.W. Broughton, architect, of Skipton, whose plans were selected in a limited competition. The general design is...

11 January 2014

1898 – Cottages, Port Sunlight, Cheshire

Architect: Ernest Newton “These cottages form part of Messrs. Lever’s “model” village at Port Sunlight. They are built near Bebington Station, and were erected by Messrs. Beckett. The architect is Mr. Ernest Newton.”...

11 January 2014

1898 – Design for Town Hall, Altrincham, Cheshire

Architect: F.W. Mee “This design was submitted in an open competition. The sum available was £4,000, which was to include a fire-station and caretaker’s house. The public offices are situated on the ground-...

08 April 2014

1898 – Design for Town Hall, Altrincham, Cheshire

Architect: Charles Hindle & Herbert Davenport “This design is the one chosen in the open competition, in which 26 architects took part this spring. It was submitted under motto “Vox Populi,” and was...