Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of North West England

02 July 2012

1900 – House, Blundellsands, Lancashire

Architect: J. Catterall Perspective published in The Building News, December 7th 1900.

13 July 2009

1900 – New Physical Laboratory, Owens College, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: J.W. Beaumont

13 July 2009

1900 – Parrs Bank, Castle Street, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: Richard Norman Shaw Still in use as a bank, now a branch of NatWest. The upper floors remain largely as designed by Shaw, the ground floor fenestration and detailing has been simplified.

18 February 2012

1901 – Belmont Congregational Chapel, Bolton, Lancashire

Architect: Bradshaw & Gass Perspective including ground plans published in The Building News, April 19th 1901. “The Belmont moors are the highest parts of the moorland which surrounds Bolton-le-Moors. Here is a village...

05 November 2014

1901 – Hunting Box, Great Bowden, Cheshire

Architect: Coates & Johnson “This hunting-box has been erected for Mr. J. H. Stotes. The architects are Messrs. Coates and Johnson, of Market Harborough”. The Building News. A hunting box was a hunting...

29 June 2009

1901 – Police Courts and Fire Station, Blackburn, Lancashire

Architect: Briggs & Wolstenholme / Stones & Stones “The work is the conjoint production of Messrs. Briggs and Wolstenholme, of Liverpool and Blackburn, and Messrs. Stones and Stones, of Blackburn, and is the...

01 February 2014

1901 – St. Alban’s Church, Blackburn, Lancashire

Architect: Edward Goldie Opened in 1901, designs first published in The Builder in 1897. Still in use as a Roman Catholic parish church today.

29 June 2009

1901 – Two Taverns at Oldham, Lancashire

Architect: Charles T. Taylor

23 June 2010

1902 – Cottages, Port Sunlight, Cheshire

Architect: J.J. Talbot As published in The Building News, August 8, 1902.


Skip to toolbar