Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of North West England

11 August 2012

1875 – Cottage & Stables, Eccleston, Cheshire

Architect: John Douglas Two buildings for The Duke of Westminster at Eccleston – a cottage, and a carriage house with stables. The village is situated on the estate of the Duke of Westminster...

19 June 2009

1875 – Cottages at Saighton, Cheshire

Architect: John Douglas

23 October 2009

1875 – Houses for Servants, Eaton, Cheshire

Architect: John Douglas From The Architect, December 25, 1875: These houses are being built near the entrance to Eaton Park from Eccleston village. The walls are of thin bricks; the local red stone...

27 July 2009

1875 – Manchester Conservative Club House, Lancashire

Architects: Robert Walker & Horton & Bridgford Perspective View published in The Building News, August 27th 1875.

04 November 2009

1875 – New League Hall, Liverpool, Lancashire

Architect: Murray & Thomas From The Architect, February 20, 1875: This building, which is to be erected at the corner of St. Ann’s Place and Rose Place, Liverpool, will comprise a hall, the...

23 October 2009

1875 – St. George and the Dragon Inn, Great Budworth, Cheshire

Architect: John Douglas From The Architect, December 4, 1875: This is an alteration from a house as shown in small sketch. I Moulded bricks have been used throughout, and brindled tiles for roofs....

21 June 2010

1875 – St. John’s Church, Blackpool, Lancashire

Architect: Ladds & Powell Front Perspective View, including ground plan as published in The Building News, December 17th 1875.

22 October 2009

1875 – St. Mary’s Church, Warrington, Cheshire

Architect: E.W. Pugin / Pugin & Pugin St Mary’s Church, Warrington is a Grade II listed building and is an active Roman Catholic church. The church was designed by E. W. Pugin and...

23 October 2009

1875 – St. Mary’s Church, Whitegate, Cheshire

Architect: John Douglas From The Architect, December 4, 1875: This church, built in the style shown by the small sketch about JL the year 1730, on the site of a more ancient structure...