Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of England

08 July 2009

1860 – Oxford University Museum, Oxfordshire

Architect: Deane & Woodward The neo-Gothic building, one of the finest in Britain, was designed by the Irish architects Thomas Newenham Deane and Benjamin Woodward. Directly influenced by the writings of critic John...

20 December 2012

1860 – Philharmonic Hall, Islington, London

Architect: Finch Hill & Edward L. Paraire William Finch Hill was a British theatre and music hall architect of the Victorian era. Between 1856–70, he worked with his partner Edward Lewis Paraire, on...

16 July 2009

1860 – Proposal for the National Gallery, London

Architect: Sir Charles Barry Over the years, general unhappiness with the existing National Gallery resulted in several attempts either to completely remodel the National Gallery (as suggested by Sir Charles Barry in 1853...

10 August 2009

1860 – Proposed Terrace in Harrow, London

Architect: Thomas Harris

15 February 2011

1860 – Restoration of Lichfield Cathedral, Staffordshire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott Interior perspective view looking east and west showing proposed reredos, screen, throne and stalls. During the Victorian era, the ornate west front of Lichfield Cathedral was extensively renovated by...

16 July 2009

1860 – Schools of St. Mary-the-Less, Lambeth, London

Architect: John L. Pearson In 1860 The Prince of Wales laid the foundation stones of new premises in Millers Lane, built on the site of the Vauxhall Gardens as part of a redevelopment...

11 February 2011

1860 – St Dionis, Backchurch, London

Architect: George Edmund Street St Dionis Backchurch was a church dedicated to the patron saint of France in Langbourn Ward one of the 25 within the City of London, first mentioned in 1538...

16 July 2009

1860 – St Pauls Church, Haggerston, Hackney, London

Architect: Arthur W. Blomfield Saint Paul’s was consecrated in 1860. In 1971 the benefice and parish were united with St. Michael and All Angels, London Fields, Hackney which became the parish church of...

19 June 2009

1860 – St. Aloysius Schools & St. Cuthbert’s College, Ushaw, Durham

Architect: Edward Welby Pugin


Skip to toolbar