Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of England

29 June 2009

1901 – Police Courts and Fire Station, Blackburn, Lancashire

Architect: Briggs & Wolstenholme / Stones & Stones “The work is the conjoint production of Messrs. Briggs and Wolstenholme, of Liverpool and Blackburn, and Messrs. Stones and Stones, of Blackburn, and is the...

21 September 2010

1901 – Portley Wood, Warlingham, Surrey

Architect: Walter E. Hewitt The Garden Front including ground floor plan as published in The Building News, November 29th 1901.

07 July 2014

1901 – Proposal for Queen Victoria Memorial, Buckingham Palace, London

Architect: Ernest George Unsuccessful entry in architectural competition to design a memorial for Queen Victoria for the front of Buckingham Palace.

06 May 2010

1901 – Ralston, Bromley, Kent

Architect: Evelyn Hellicar Published in The Building News, January 15th 1892. Front Perspective View & Interior of Hallway.

07 July 2014

1901 – Restaurant and Club, Stratford, London

Architect: S.B. Russell “This building is the first of a series intended to be erected by the West Ham Club and Restaurant Co. The company’s prospectus contains the following : “The company has...

01 June 2014

1901 – Scandanavian Sailors, West India Dock, London

Architect: Niven & Wigglesworth “This illustration is of an annexe to the Scandinavian Sailors Temperance Home, to be erected in the West India Dock -road. Messrs. Niven and Wigglesworth are the architects.”

07 July 2015

1901 – Second placed design for Hereford Municipal Buildings

Architect: W.J. Morley & Son Second placed design in architectural competition to design a new municipal building for Hereford. “Forty-six designs were sent in by architects for the proposed new municipal buildings at...

01 February 2014

1901 – St. Alban’s Church, Blackburn, Lancashire

Architect: Edward Goldie Opened in 1901, designs first published in The Builder in 1897. Still in use as a Roman Catholic parish church today.

06 July 2010

1901 – St. Gabriel’s Parish House, Pimlico, London

Architect: W. Campbell Jones Published in The Building News, June 7th 1901