Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of England

14 February 2011

1859 – All Souls Church, Haley Hill, Halifax, Yorkshire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott All Souls was commissioned and paid for by the local industrialist Edward Akroyd in 1856, and was intended to be the centrepiece of the model village of Akroydon. Akroyd...

17 February 2011

1859 – Chapel, Royal Dockyard, Woolwich, London

Architect: George Gilbert Scott St Barnabas Church was originally designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott and was built between 1857 and 1859 as the Naval Dockyard Church at Woolwich Dockyard. It stood for...

19 December 2012

1859 – Design for St. Boniface Church, Whitechapel, London

Architect: E.W. Pugin “THE small chapel of St. Boniface, so long the only place of worship for the thirty thousand German Catholics in London, is to be replaced by a magnificent church worthy...

04 January 2013

1859 – Houndiscombe House, Plymouth, Devon

Architect: James Hine Demolished in 1907. “THIS house, situate within the borough of Plymouth, on the North-road has lately been erected for Mr. William Derry, from designs by Mr, James Hine, architect. On...

12 June 2009

1860 – All Saints, Boyne Hill, Maidenhead, Berkshire

Architect: George Edmund Street

19 June 2009

1860 – Bishops Auckland Town Hall, Durham

Architect: J.P. Jones Bishop Auckland Town Hall is a Grade II* listed building and was completed in 1862 overlooking the town’s market place. The town hall was designed by John Philpott Jones for...

11 August 2012

1860 – Cemetary Chapel, Ashford, Kent

Architect: C.H. Edwards Published in The Building News, June 29 1860.

16 July 2009

1860 – Central Hall, Clerkenwell Sessions House, London

Architect: F.H. Pownell The existing building originally erected between 1779 and 1782, as the new Courthouse for the Middlesex Quarter Sessions, at a cost of £13,000. For the next 120 years it was...

11 June 2012

1860 – Chapel, Heath St, Hampstead, London

Architect: Charles G. Searle Published in The Building News, August 3 1860. A non-conformist chapel designed to accommodate around 800 people. Still exists today.