Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Kent

29 June 2009

1879 – St. Barnabas Church, Beckenham, Kent

Architect: Stenning & Hall Interior View towards altar published in The Building News, February 28th 1879. Never completed as designed. Most of the stained glass is mid twentieth century by Leonard Evetts, although...

15 October 2009

1879 – Willey’s-at-Heath, Kent

Architect: John Robinson Published in The Building News, November 14 1879: “This is a small house, picturesquely situated on one of the hills overlooking the valley of the Hever, on which gi-eat care...

29 May 2011

1880 – Coffee Tavern, Cranbrook, Kent

Architect: W. West Neve Perspective view including interior views published in The Building News, May 7th 1880. But in the 1880s the temperance movement tried to revive the coffee house scene in an...

27 September 2009

1880 – Cottage Residence, Maidstone, Kent

Architect: Hubert Bensted “This is the first of a group of houses being erected on the Manor House estate. It contains, besides the accommodation shown en the plan, five bed-rooms, dressing-room, bath-room and...

29 June 2009

1880 – Memorial Hall & Schools, Dover, Kent

Architect: A.T. Taylor Demolished. “This building is situate, with the main entrance in Priory-road, having a right of entrance also in Biggin-street. It has been erected for the requirements of a congregation gathered...

02 November 2009

1880 – Offices at Cranbrook, Kent

Architect: W. West Neve Offices built for for Messrs. Philpott & Wood. “This building, which was completed last autumn, was designed with a twofold purpose : firstly, to be used as solicitors’ offices—...

01 October 2009

1880 – Pair of Villas, Christ Church Road, Folkestone, Kent

Architect: Reginald Pope “These villas are being erected for Mr. N. White, in the Christ Church-road, Folkestone. They are without basements, the kitchen and offices being on a level with dining and drawing-rooms....

02 November 2009

1881 – Coffee Tavern at Seal, Kent

Architect: Edwin T. Hall “This building, which has been created and furnished at the coat of Charles G. Hale, Esq., is situated at the extreme end of the picturesque village of Seal, and...

10 October 2009

1881 – Congregational Church, School & Ministers House, Bromley, Kent

Architect: John Sulman