Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Oxfordshire

22 June 2009

1880 – St. Mary Magdalen’s College, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: Bodley & Garner “We give illustrations of these important new buildings. One is a bird’s-eye view, showing the new buildings completed. At present the south and east elevations only are being carried...

24 August 2009

1881 – Cricket Pavilion for Oxford University, Oxfordshire

Architect: T.G. Jackson “The new pavilion for the use of the Oxford University Cricket Club is built in the Parks, where a new cricket-ground has been lately formed. The building is designed by...

08 July 2009

1881 – Master’s Lodge, University College, Oxford

Architect: Bodley & Garner “This new building has been recently erected from the design of Messrs. G.F. Bodley and T. Garner, architects. It is of somewhat considerable size. “Brown’s Library” was left to...

08 July 2009

1881 – New High School for Girls, Oxford

Architect: T.G. Jackson The school began life on November 3, 1875, with twenty-nine girls and three teachers under headmistress Ada Benson, at the Judge’s Lodgings (St Giles’ House) at 16 St Giles’, central...

13 September 2009

1881 – Proposed Quadrangle, Magdalen College, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: Basil Champneys “The drawing published shows the street facade of a proposed now quadrangle for Magdalen College, Oxford. It was submitted by Mr. Basil Champneys in a competition to which Messrs. Street,...

02 October 2009

1881 – St. Edward’s School, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: William Wilkinson St Edwards School was founded in 1863 at New Inn Hall Street in central Oxford by the Revd Thomas Chamberlain, Senior Student (Fellow) of Christ Church Oxford and Vicar of...

18 January 2012

1881 – The Grange, Little Tew, Oxfordshire

Architect: George Edmund Street / Edward G. Bruton “This building was originally a vicarage house designed by Mr. G.E. Street, R.A., and subsequently enlarged by the late Mr. C. Buckeridge. It has since...

08 July 2009

1882 – New Examination Schools, Oxford

Architect: T.G. Jackson The Examination Schools were designed by Thomas Graham Jackson, Oxford’s most famous 19th century architect, in 1876 and their construction was completed in 1882. Sir Thomas Newenham Deane actually won...

08 July 2009

1884 – Oxford Military College, Cowley, Oxfordshire

Architect: T.G. Jackson

08 July 2009

1885 – New Quadrangle, Trinity College, Oxford

Architect: T.G. Jackson