Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Oxfordshire

08 July 2009

1892 – Municipal Buildings, Oxford

Architect: H.T. Hare Perspective View to St. Aldate’s Street including ground & 1st floor plans. Selected Design by H.T. Hare as published in The Building News, July 8th 1892. The first Guildhall was...

03 April 2014

1896 – Proposal for Carfax Tower, Oxford

Architect: Henry T. Hare Unbuilt proposal to remodel the medieval Carfax Tower in central Oxford after the demolition of the main body of the attached church in 1896. The Tower is all that...

23 April 2014

1898 – Design for Municipal Buildings, Henley-on-thames, Oxfordshire

Architect: Millar & Nasmyth “Our illustrations show the plans and perspective view of the second premiated design for the Henley-on-Thames Municipal Buildings, submitted in competition by Messrs. Millar and Nasmyth, of Reading and...

08 July 2009

1898 – The Old White House, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Architect: H.T. Hare “This building was erected to take the place of an interesting old house, which still remains in the Tear. The materials used are rubble stone walling, with Doulting stone dressings...

23 April 2014

1899 – Jubilee Fountain, Charlbury, Oxfordshire

Architect: A.R. Gough This grand fountain celebrates Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee in 1897 and the provision of the town water supply in the previous year. “This fountain has been erected principally as a...

01 April 2014

1899 – New Buildings, New College, Oxford

Architect: Basil Champneys In the late 19th century New College, which was founded in 1379, began freely admitting undergraduates. The New Buildings by Basil Champneys along Holywell were built between 1873-96 to house...

13 July 2010

1902 – House at Oxford

Architect: H.T. Hare Perspective view including ground plan published in The Building News, May 2nd 1902.

08 July 2009

1903 – ‘Parkwood’, Henley on Thames, Oxfordshire

Architect: William Flockhart Published in The Building News, July 24th 1903.

08 July 2009

1903 – Additions to Shipton Court, Oxfordshire

Architect: Perkins & Bulmer

04 January 2011

1904 – New Tower, Church of St. John, Cowley, Oxford

Architect: George Bodley Design for new tower published in The Building News, May 6th 1904.