Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of South East England

24 March 2013

1871 – College for Congregational Ministers Daughters, Gravesend, Kent

Architect: E.C. Robins Later known as Milton Mount College For Girls in Gravesend. The College was founded in 1871 by the Rev. William Guest, pastor of the Congregational chapel at Gravesend, as a...

15 October 2012

1871 – Design for Winchester Town Hall, Hampshire

Architect: E.W. Godwin Unsuccessful design published after a competition in The Building News, August 25th 1871.

28 January 2013

1871 – Premiated Design for Winchester Town Hall, Hampshire

Architect: Jeffery & Skiller

28 February 2012

1871 – Southsea Baths & Assembly Rooms, Hampshire

Architect: Davis & Emanuel Published in The Building News, October 6 1871.

03 September 2012

1872 – All Saints Church, Hordle, Hampshire

Architect: Giles & Gane The present parish church, All Saints, was built in 1872 and succeeded a previous building on the same site dating from 1830. It is constructed of red brick with...

16 March 2013

1872 – All Saints Church, Ryde, Isle of Wight

Architect: George Gilbert Scott Sometimes referred to as the “cathedral” of the Island, overlooking the Solent, built to a decorated gothic design by Sir Gilbert Scott in the 1870s. The foundation stone was...

01 March 2013

1872 – Clergy House & Schools, St. Peter’s, Folkestone, Kent

Architect: S. Slingsby Stallwood The consecration of the new St. Peter’s as a chapel-of-ease took place of 30 July 1868 by the archbishop of Canterbury. St Peter’s became a separate parish the same...

30 April 2013

1872 – Design for St. Annes Heath Asylum, Surrey

Architect: E.W. Godwin From The Building News, August 23 1872: “”Mens.” — The elevations of this design are treated in a clever and artistic manner The centre block, with a bold and picturesque...

24 March 2013

1872 – Grim’s Dyke, Harrow Weald, Kent

Architect: Richard Norman Shaw Grim’s Dyke (sometimes called Graeme’s Dyke until late 1891) was built in 1872 by Norman Shaw, and named after the nearby pre-historic earthwork known as Grim’s Ditch. The house...