Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of South East England

24 March 2013

1872 – Grim’s Dyke, Harrow Weald, Kent

Architect: Richard Norman Shaw Grim’s Dyke (sometimes called Graeme’s Dyke until late 1891) was built in 1872 by Norman Shaw, and named after the nearby pre-historic earthwork known as Grim’s Ditch. The house...

14 March 2013

1872 – House, Bexley, Kent

Architect: Robert W. Edis Perspective View With Plan published in The Building News, March 15th 1872. “The small half-timbered house, of which we this week give plans and view, has lately been erected...

16 March 2013

1872 – Seacox Heath, Ticehurst, Sussex

Architect: Slater & Carpenter Built in 1871. Architects Carpenter and Slater. Tall mansion in the style of a French chateau. Three storeys and attic. Seven windows. Ashlar. Slate roof with three steep French...

05 August 2009

1872 – The Horton Infirmary, Banbury, Oxfordshire

Architect: Charles H. Driver

16 March 2012

1872 – The Julius Elliott Memorial Schools, Mount St., Brighton, Sussex

Architect: Goulty & Gibbins This school was opened in 1873 and was originally known as the (Julius) Elliott Memorial School, although St Mary’s was an established alternative name. A new building for St...

02 December 2013

1872 – Unbuilt Interior Design for Church of St. Aloysius, Oxford

Architect: Joseph Hansom & Son From The Building News: “In catering for our friends in this Christmas Number, we have obtained permission from Messrs. Hanson and Son to present the interior perspective of...

29 June 2009

1873 – Bungalow, Birchington On Sea, Kent

Architect: John Taylor From The Building News, August 15 1873: “It is very difficult in these days to hit upon a new and successful idea. Mr. John Taylor, of 6, Whitehall, has, however,...

12 June 2009

1873 – Business Premises, Market Place, Reading, Berkshire

Architect: William & J.T. Brown

26 June 2009

1873 – Cathedral of Our Lady & St Philip Howard, Arundel, Sussex

Architect: Joseph Hansom & Son The Cathedral, originally known as the Church of St. Philip Neal, was commissioned by Henry XV Duke of Norfolk in 1868 and was opened on 1st of July...