Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Surrey

16 February 2013

1898 – House at Weybridge, Surrey

Architect: A. Burnett Brown & Ernest R. Barrow Designed for for G.Sturt esq., and published in The Building News, December 16th 1898. “This house is situate at Weybridge. The materials are red Bracknell...

05 May 2010

1898 – Houses at Walton on Thames, Surrey

Architect: Cyril E. Power “An attempt has been made to give these houses, which are to be built on a site close to the river, a distinctive character by placing the upper floor...

30 May 2010

1898 – Newdigate Place, Surrey

Architect: J. Hatchard Smith “This house is erected on an elevated site over- looking Heith Hill, with lovely views over Reigate and Horsham. The walls are faced with local red bricks, the upper...

15 June 2010

1898 – St. Monans, Walton on Thames, Surrey

Architect: Niven & Wigglesworth “This drawing is of a wayside cottage built of red brick and rough-cast. Messrs. Niven and Wigglesworth were the architects. The drawing was hung in the recent exhibition at...

26 June 2009

1898 – Surbiton Municipal Building, Surrey

Architect: Wimperis & Best

26 June 2009

1898 – Unbuilt Design for Southern Hospital, Carshalton, Surrey

Architect: Newman & Newman Third premiated design in competition to design new hospital. “To-day we illustrate the third premiated plan for this great hospital. Messrs. Newman and Newman are the authors of this...

06 May 2010

1899 – ‘Hillington’, Walton on Thames, Surrey

Architect: Niven & Wigglesworth “THIS illustration, from the current exhibition at the Royal Academy, is of a drawing by Mr. F.L. Griggs, of a house recently erected at Walton-on-Thames, from designs by Messrs....

16 September 2010

1900 – Bailiff’s House & Secretarys Office, Dorking, Surrey

Architect: Maurice B. Adams Elevations, plans, & detail as published in The Building News, April 27th 1900.

26 June 2009

1900 – Dorking New Infirmary, Surrey

Architect: H. Percy Adams Perspective view including plans published in The Building News, August 31st 1900.