Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Devon

22 June 2009

1880 – West Devon & East Cornwall Hospital, Plymouth, Devon

Architect: Coe & Robinson Published in The Building News, February 20th 1880.

20 September 2009

1880 – Woodhouse, Devon

Architect: Ernest George & Peto Perspective view & ground plan published in The Building News, July 2nd 1880. Designed for Sir George Baker.”Woodhouse, for Sir George Baker, Bart., is now building at Uplume,...

03 January 2014

1881 – House, Bournemouth, Devon

Architect: J. Nixon Horsfield “It is proposed to build this house on about two acres of land. It will be carried out in the same way, and with similar materials as the above....

24 August 2009

1881 – St. Andrews, Stoke Damerel, Devonport, Devon

Architect: J.P. St. Aubyn “This church, which we illustrate to-day, is designed in the style of the 13th century, and designed to accommodate 1,200 worshippers. The building consists of chancel, 44ft. by 11Oft.,...

11 January 2010

1881 – Stoodleigh Court, Devon

Architect: Ernest George & Peto Stoodleigh Court country house was built in 1881 by architect Ernest George of Ernest George & Peto. The house was built for Thomas Carew and his family on...

03 January 2014

1882 – St. Matthew’s Church, Newtown, Exeter, Devon

Architect: R. Medley Fulford Never completed – the spire and tower being capped at nave height. The church was built in 1882 in an Early English style of red brick, to a design...

11 August 2012

1883 – “Speranza”, High Street, Exeter, Devon

Architect: Best & Commin Front elevation including ground plans published in The Building News, November 2nd 1883.

11 September 2009

1883 – Artisans Dwellings, Plymouth, Devon

Architect: Herbert Gribble Perspective published in The Building News, July 27th 1883.

27 August 2012

1883 – New Almshouses for Grendon’s Charity, Exeter, Devon

Architect: Best & Commin Perspective published in The Building News, November 16th 1883. Also known as the Ten Cells, the original Grendon’s Almshouses stood in Preston Street from the beginning of the 15th...


Skip to toolbar