Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Gloucestershire

25 July 2012

1877 – Proposed arrangement of interior, Tewkesbury Abbey, Gloucestershire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott Interior View shewing proposed arrangement of portion of Choir. Some restoration undertaken in the 19th century under Sir Gilbert Scott included the rood screen that replaced the one removed...

25 June 2009

1878 – Private Chapel, Tyntesfield, Gloucestershire

Architect: Arthur W. Blomfield Published in The Building News, October 18th 1878. “This chapel is attached to the residence of the late William Gibbs, Esq., the munificent founder of the chapel of Keble...

16 April 2012

1878 – The David Thomas Memorial Church & Schools, Bristol

Architect: Stuart Colman The David Thomas Memorial church was erected 1879-81 but demolished in 1987 destroying most of a Gothic fantasy by Stuart Coleman. The building still retains a thin octagonal spire and...

25 June 2009

1879 – Claverton, Stoke Bishop, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: W. Wood Bethell Perspective View & Ground Plan published in The Building News, January 24th 1879. “This is a residence recently erected at Stoke Bishop, near Bristol. The accompanying drawing indicates the...

24 June 2009

1879 – New House of Charity, St.Raphaels, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: E.H. Edwards Published in The Building News, January 10 1879.

23 September 2009

1879 – University College, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Coleman & Willcox Design Submitted by Stuart Coleman & William J. Willcox, and published in The Building News, May 23rd 1879. “The two-story building consists of a broad central corridor, with the...

02 September 2010

1880 – Villa Residence at Stoke Bishop, Gloucestershire

Architect: Henry Shaw Published in The Building News, January 9th 1880.

26 June 2009

1882 – Church of St Saviour, Woolcot Park, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: John Bevan Perspective and interior views including ground plan from the The Building News, September 26th 1879. Consecrated in 1882, it is no long in use as a church. “The design was...

24 August 2009

1885 – All Saints Church, Clifton, Gloucestershire

Architect: George Edmund Street The church of All Saints in Pembroke Road is a mixture of Victorian and modern styles. The original was designed by G E Street, consecrated in 1868 and completed...


Skip to toolbar