Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of South West England

17 March 2011

1880 – St. James Church, Kingstone, Dorset

Architect: George Edmund Street Started in 1874, completed in 1880, by the third Earl of Eldon, the architect was George Edmund Street (1824–1881). It is a cruciform building, with an apse, central tower...

04 October 2010

1880 – Truro Cathedral, Cornwall

Architect: John L. Pearson Construction began in 1880 to a design by the architect John Loughborough Pearson, after an architectural competition. The design combines the Early English style with certain French characteristics, chiefly...

02 September 2010

1880 – Villa Residence at Stoke Bishop, Gloucestershire

Architect: Henry Shaw Published in The Building News, January 9th 1880.

22 June 2009

1880 – West Devon & East Cornwall Hospital, Plymouth, Devon

Architect: Coe & Robinson Published in The Building News, February 20th 1880.

20 September 2009

1880 – Woodhouse, Devon

Architect: Ernest George & Peto Perspective view & ground plan published in The Building News, July 2nd 1880. Designed for Sir George Baker.”Woodhouse, for Sir George Baker, Bart., is now building at Uplume,...

03 January 2014

1881 – House, Bournemouth, Devon

Architect: J. Nixon Horsfield “It is proposed to build this house on about two acres of land. It will be carried out in the same way, and with similar materials as the above....

02 July 2011

1881 – Proposed New Aisle, Chard Church, Somerset

Proposal published in The Building News, July 22nd 1881. Never completed. “The accompanying illustration represents a new south aisle to be shortly erected. In making the required addition, the architect has been, guided...

07 September 2009

1881 – Residence, Milford Manor Estate, Salisbury, Wiltshire

Architect: John Harding & Son Designed for G. Nodder esq. and published in The Building News, October 21st 1881.

13 September 2009

1881 – Sanford Street Boys’ School, Swindon, Wiltshire

Architect: Brightwen Binyon “These schools have been erected for the Swindon School Board in the Now Town, to accommodate 794 boys. They are one of a series of schools erected by the Board...