Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of South West England

27 August 2012

1883 – New Almshouses for Grendon’s Charity, Exeter, Devon

Architect: Best & Commin Perspective published in The Building News, November 16th 1883. Also known as the Ten Cells, the original Grendon’s Almshouses stood in Preston Street from the beginning of the 15th...

22 June 2009

1883 – Phoenix Marble Works, Plymouth, Devon

Architect: Herbert Gribble

24 June 2009

1883 – Vicarage, South Wraxall, Wiltshire

Architect: Weaver & Adye

14 August 2012

1884 – ‘Blair Mount’, Minehead, Somerset

Architect: W.F. Unsworth Perspective view & plans published in The Building News, November 21st 1884.

03 January 2013

1884 – ‘Claremont’, Branksome, Poole, Dorset

Architect: J. Nixon Horsfield Designed for D.M. Fox esq., and published in The Architect, July 26 1884. In 1927 it became a strictly enclosed Carmelite Monastery for Sisters of that Order until, due...

22 June 2009

1884 – ‘Gablehurst’, Branksome Park, Poole, Dorset

Architect: J. Nixon Horsfield

15 February 2011

1884 – Business Premise, Exeter, Devon

Architect: Best & Commin The corner of Fore St. & North St, Exeter. Perspective view including ground plan published in The Building News, November 28th 1884.

22 October 2009

1884 – Church of The Sacred Heart, Exeter, Devon

Architect: Leonard Stokes / C.R.Ware “We illustrate this week the west front of a new Catholic church, about to be erected in South-street, Exeter. Owing to the rapid fall of the ground, a...

09 October 2009

1884 – Knowle, Dunster, Somerset

Architect: John D. Sedding


Skip to toolbar