Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of West Midlands

14 February 2014

1898 – Methodist Free Church & Schools, Maybank, Wolstanton, Staffordshire

Architect: Wood & Hutchings “These buildings, now about to be erected, will be of brick, with Hollington stone dressings, with leaded lights for the windows. The chapel will give accommodation for 453 in...

06 June 2014

1898 – Mutual Sick Benefit & Old Age Society, Birmingham

Architect: J.W. Allen Finished in red brick and cream terra cotta. Also known as Coleridge Chambers. Grade II Listed. “The proposed building is in close proximity to the Victoria Law Courts, having a...

17 May 2014

1898 – Police Station, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire

Architect: Wood & Hutchings “This is a new police-station recently erected at Stoke-on-Trent, for the Staffordshire Standing Joint Committee. The design was selected in a limited competition. The building is constructed of brickwork...

22 May 2014

1898 – Residence, Sutton Coldfield, Warwickshire

Architect: R.S. Oldacre “The accompanying illustration represents the front view of a residence which has just been erected at Sutton Coldfield. The materials used wore local bricks, with best pressed red bank bricks...

01 May 2014

1898 – Shop, Tunstall, Staffordshire

Architect: Wood & Hutchings “These shops have recently been erected in the High-street, Tunstall, for Sir. James Lindop. They are faced with red pressed bricks, with tile hanging and rough castwork in the...

14 July 2009

1898 – The Court House, Broadway, Worcestershire

Architect: E. Guy Dawber

27 June 2009

1898 – The Red House, Harpenden, Herefordshire

Architect: Maurice B. Adams Completed Perspective View including plans published in The Building News, June 17th 1898.

21 September 2010

1898 – Wood Norton, Kings Norton, Worcestershire

Architect: William de Lacy Aherne “This residence, for Mr. Theodore Pritchett, is situated in the New-read, King’s Norton, the site sloping towards the south, the best rooms being placed so as to secure...

25 June 2009

1899 – Bridgenorth & South Shropshire Infirmary, Shropshire

Architect: Edward C.H. Maidman “This building is designed to accommodate eighteen patients — viz., eight in male ward, eight in female ward, and two in private ward. All the accommodation for patients is...

08 June 2014

1899 – Building over GWR Tunnel, Carrs Lane, Birmingham

Architect: Ralph Heaton Proposal for building over a Great Western Railway tunnel showing the underpinning structure. Published in The Building News, September 22, 1899. Demolished in 1988 after structural failure.