Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of West Midlands

31 August 2009

1880 – Church of St. Mary, Ludlow, Shropshire

Architect: James Brooks “This church had fallen into such a state of decay — the walls being more than a foot out of the perpendicular, and in many places fractured from foundations to...

14 September 2010

1880 – Jevons & Mellor, Corporation Street, Birmingham

Architect: Kirk & Sons Perspective view of Jevons and Mellor’s new premises on Corporation Street as published in The Building News, July 2nd 1880.

01 September 2009

1881 – Cloverley Hall, Calverhall, Shropshire

Architect: W. Eden Nesfield The main house was demolished in 1927, leaving the service wing and ancillary buildings. Originally built between 1864 and 1870 by architect William Eden Nesfield for Liverpool banker John...

24 August 2009

1881 – Hereford County College, Herefordshire

Architect: Fred. R Kempson “The Hereford County College has been built within half a mile of the city by a company of which the Dean of Hereford is the chairman, the object being...

29 August 2009

1881 – New Chapel, Shrewsbury School, Shropshire

Architect: Arthur W. Blomfield Perspective View including plans published in The Building News, July 29 1881. “The grammar-school at Shrewsbury will shortly be removed from its present quarters to a new bite on...

13 September 2009

1881 – Polesworth Vicarage, Warwickshire

Architect: John Douglas “Adjoining the parish-church of Polesworth there were, until recently, a group of buildings, a portion of which had been used for religious purposes, the old pitt being in use a«...

25 October 2009

1881 – Rowden Abbey, Herefordshire

Architect: John Douglas “This new house, of which wo give two views, with ground-plan, is built on the hill- side, a short distance above the site of the abbey from which it takes...

05 November 2009

1881 – St. Chad’s Church, Hopwas, Staffordshire

Architect: John Douglas “The above church, which has been built mainly by the exertions of the Vicar of Tamworth, the Rev. W. MacGregor, is situated on a beautifully wooded and elevated site just...

26 August 2009

1881 – St. Michael’s Church, Coventry, Warwickshire

Architect: John Oldrid Scott

11 January 2010

1882 – Church of the Redeemer, Edgbaston, Birmingham, Warwickshire

Architect: James Cubitt The Church of The Redeemer was a Baptist church, built on land on the corner of Wyndham Road donated by local benefactor William Middleton. It was designed by James Cubitt...