Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Warwickshire

03 October 2012

1871 – Unbuilt design for new Law Courts, Birmingham

Architect: Alfred Langston Competition entry for new Law Courts, Judges Lodgings & Municipal Buildings. Perspective view & ground plan published in The Building News, September 29th 1871.

02 February 2011

1875 – Church of St. Catherine of Siena, Birmingham

Architect: Dunn & Hansom Published in The Building News, October 29th 1875.

24 June 2009

1875 – Cottages at Walton, Warwickshire

Architect: Horace Gundry Designed for Sir Charles Mordaunt. Plans, Elevations & Porch Details published in The Building News, August 6th and September 3rd 1875.

02 February 2011

1876 – Design for Shakespeare Memorial Theatre, Stratford on Avon, Warwickshire

Architect: Fred W. Roper Competitive Design for Shakespeare Memorial Theatre – later designed and built by Dodgshun & Unsworth. West Elevation with Plan published in The Building News, July 21 1876.

24 June 2009

1878 – Great Alne Hall, Warwickshire

Architect: G.H. Hunt In 1878 Great Alne Hall was built, the presumption being that it took the place of an original manor house. The hall was later replaced by a smaller house in...

20 July 2009

1878 – Haseley Manor, Warwickshire

Architect: William Young Perspective including ground plan published in The Building News, July 16th 1875. The present building, a fine example of grand Victorian craftsmanship, dates from 1878 when Alfred Hewlett, a Lancashire...

02 July 2012

1879 – Coopers & Co., Coleshill Street, Birmingham

Architect: F. &. A. Wheeldon New premises for Messrs. Cooper & Co. including ground plans published in The Building News, May 2nd 1879. “The above premises were designed for Messrs. Cooper and Co....

20 May 2013

1879 – St. Marks Church, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott (Jnr) St. Marks Church completed in 1879 with later additions and alterations including C20 buildings to north. Erected in memory of Dame Francis Wheeler, endowed by her brothers Charles...

24 June 2009

1879 – Wesleyan Theological Institution, Birmingham, Warwickshire

Architect: Ball & Goddard Designed by Messrs Ball & Goddard of Birmingham the college was opened in 1881 and is now a Grade II listed building forming part of the University of Central...