Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Warwickshire

24 June 2009

1879 – Wesleyan Theological Institution, Handsworth College, Birmingham, Warwickshire

Architect: C.O. Ellison Second Premiated Design. Front , Rear Elevations & Ground Plan with alternative design for primary facade. Published in The Building News, July 18th 1879. “We illustrate this week the second...

27 September 2009

1880 – Cemetery Lodge & Lych Gate, Sutton Coldfield, Warwickshire

Architect: T.W. Cutler “The Cemetery Lodge and Lych-gate, given in this number of our journal, is built upon the Sutton Coldfield Burial-ground, with red brick facings, timber framing filled in with plaster, and...

14 September 2010

1880 – Jevons & Mellor, Corporation Street, Birmingham

Architect: Kirk & Sons Perspective view of Jevons and Mellor’s new premises on Corporation Street as published in The Building News, July 2nd 1880.

13 September 2009

1881 – Polesworth Vicarage, Warwickshire

Architect: John Douglas “Adjoining the parish-church of Polesworth there were, until recently, a group of buildings, a portion of which had been used for religious purposes, the old pitt being in use a«...

26 August 2009

1881 – St. Michael’s Church, Coventry, Warwickshire

Architect: John Oldrid Scott

11 January 2010

1882 – Church of the Redeemer, Edgbaston, Birmingham, Warwickshire

Architect: James Cubitt The Church of The Redeemer was a Baptist church, built on land on the corner of Wyndham Road donated by local benefactor William Middleton. It was designed by James Cubitt...

15 June 2010

1882 – Ladywood Branch Dispensary, Birmingham

Architect: Payne & Talbot Accepted & rejected front elevations including plans as published in The Building News, October 6th 1882. The rejected design was by Ralph Heaton.

24 June 2009

1883 – Avenue House, Stratford on Avon, Warwickshire

Architect: G.H. Hunt Perspective view including ground plan published in The Building News, September 21st 1883.

13 January 2010

1883 – Theatre, Corporation Street, Birmingham

Architect: William Wykes Never constructed as designed, the Grand Theatre was built in a modified form in 1883. The Theatre had a capacity of 2,200 on four levels, Stalls, Two Circles, and Gallery,...

Skip to toolbar