Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Roscommon

18 October 2012

1878 – Clonalis House, Castlerea, Co. Roscommon

Architect: F.P. Cockerell Two storey Italianate house designed for Charles O’Conor Don, replacing an earlier residence on Clonalis Estate dating from approximately 1750. This imposing building has 45 rooms and combines elements of...

24 October 2012

1882 – St. Joseph’s Church, Boyle, Co. Roscommon

Architect: Goldie & Child Constructed from 1875-1882. Built in the Gothic style, it had a magnificent pitch pine, hammerbeam roof, and a striking rose stained glass window above the altar. The church was...

02 November 2012

1883 – Courthouse, Roscommon, Co. Roscommon

Architect: Christopher J. Mulvany Selected design after an architectural competition to replace County Counthouse that had been destroyed in a fire in 1882.

07 March 2014

1883 – Design for Roscommon Courthouse

Architect: William Kaye-Parry & H.A. Cheers Design submitted for new court house after the previous building was damaged by fire. A joint submission by William Kaye-Parry with English architect Henry A. Cheers, but...

06 November 2012

1895 – Presbytery, Roscommon, Co. Roscommon

Architect: W.H. Byrne Solid late-Victorian house with bay windows on several sides, and rather awkward decorative pediments over paired ground-floor windows..

01 November 2012

1896 – St. Patrick’s Church, Castlerea, Co. Roscommon

Architect: Goldie, Child & Goldie Imposing catholic church from English architect George Goldie, comprising nave, transepts, side aisles with two-storey sacristy to east and four-stage tower to north end of west front. The...

06 November 2011

1903 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Roscommon

Architect: Walter G. Doolin & P.J. Kilgallen / O’Callaghan & Webb Main body of church constructed between 1897 and 1903 by Walter G. Doolin & P.J. Kilgallen. The tower and spire was added...

Pages:« Prev123

Skip to toolbar