Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Lost Buildings of Ireland

13 June 2014

1860s – Kircassock House, Magheralin, Co. Armagh

During the 1860s, the house was own by Jonathan Richardson MP, who had Alfred Waterhouse design some alterations, after which the house had assumed the form illustrated. During the Second World War the...

04 May 2011

1860s – McBirney & Co., Limerick

McBirney’s Drapery Emporium which was taken over by Roches Stores in the 1940’s, but was burned to the ground in a disastrous fire in 1948

20 January 2015

1860s – No.39 Grafton Street, Dublin

Fine shopfront, now demolished. Possibly designed by William G. Murray who designed the building or a later replacement shop front.

30 September 2014

1860s – The Castle, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan

Victorian house, the home of the 1st and indeed last Lord Lisgar, who was Governor of New South Wales, and later Governor-General of Canada. Also known as Lisgar House or Bailieborough Castle. In...

08 February 2013

1860s – Turkish Baths, Charles St., Limerick

Architect: Richard Barter Turkish baths constructed to the Improved Turkish Bath principles of Dr. Richard Barter with a design by his nephew, also Richard Barter. Closed in the late 19th century.

29 May 2013

1862 – Crampton Memorial Fountain, Dublin

Sculptor: John Kirk Sir Philip Crampton’s memorial fountain at Dublin. Crampton was Surgeon-General to the British Army. He was always interested in zoological science and played an active part in founding the Royal...

04 March 2013

1862 – International Hotel, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: E.W. O’Kelly Constructed for the seaside resort of Bray with 130 bedrooms, making it a large hotel for its time. Destroyed by a fire in 1974 and subsequently demolished.

02 May 2014

1862 – Seskinore House, Fintona, Co. Tyrone

Architect: Boyd & Batt The house was heavily remodelled and extended for George Perry McClintock. in 1862 to a design by Derry and Belfast-based architects Boyd & Batt. Demolished in the early 1950s.

20 December 2012

1862 – St. Peter’s Church, Phibsborough, Dublin

Architect: George Goldie The chancel and transepts were erected, together with the great central tower to this design by George Goldie in the late 1860s. By 1871 the transepts, the chancel, and the...

Skip to toolbar