Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Dublin City

01 March 2013

1786 – Simpson’s Hospital, Parnell St., Dublin

Architect: Simon Vierpyl Simpson’s Hospital was founded in 1779 under the terms of a Mr George Simpson’s will, a Dublin merchant who left bequests to many charities including funds to establish Simpson’s Hospital....

04 January 2013

1787c – Unbuilt West Elevation of Houses of Parliament, Dublin

Architect:James Gandon Unbuilt elevation design for west front of Irish Houses of Parliament in Dublin. Attributed to Gandon by the Yale Center for British Art.

02 February 2010

1788 – Dodder Bridge, Ringsend, Dublin

Fine stone single span bridge linking the village of Ringsend to the city centre, by an unknown architect.

22 July 2014

1788 – Proposal to link Grand Canal with Liffey, Dublin

Architect: John Brownrigg A large ladder of canal locks proposed to join the James Street Basin of the Grand Canal with the River Liffey. At the Liffey end, small harbours would have been...

13 December 2011

1789 – Designs for Foster Place, Dublin

Architect: Richard Johnston Design for elevation of west side of Foster Place, Dublin, conecting with the facade of Daly’s Clubhouse development on Dame Street.

04 February 2010

1790 – Beresford Place, Dublin

Architect: James Gandon Beresford Place is a short curving terrace of five houses built on an axis with the central dome of the Custom House. The terrace was designed by James Gandon in...

09 April 2012

1790 – Central Range and Campanile, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: William Chambers Design for eastern side of Parliament Square in Trinity College Dublin. Never constructed, some years later during the 1850s, a new campanile by Charles Lanyon was constructed in this position.

04 January 2012

1790 – Corner, Capel Street, Dublin

Sadly lying derelict, this prime city site looks just as it did when Malton did his view of Essex Bridge with all its original glazing bars complete. Now badly in need of some...

22 November 2011

1790 – Daly’s Club House, College Green, Dublin

Architect: Francis Johnston Elevation of Daly’s Club House, College Green, 1823 Wide Street Commission Map 445/2. Part of the facade still remains. Daly’s Club House, was a gentlemen’s club and a centre of...