Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Dublin City

08 May 2012

1727 – Corn Market House, Thomas St., Dublin

The Corn Market building was a long arcaded structure, the ground floor of which was completely open to the street. With thirteen arches on each side, and a central cupola, it was a...

13 December 2011

1728 – Linen Hall, Yarnhall St., Dublin

Architect: Thomas Burgh, Thomas Cooley In 1722 a centralised Linen Hall was proposed by the Linen Board and several sites around the city were considered and dismissed. The Linen Board eventually decided in...

23 June 2010

1730 – No.10 Henrietta Street, Dublin

Architect: Edward Lovett Pearce It was built circa 1730 by Luke Gardiner as his own residence. The design of the original building has been attributed to Sir Edward Lovett Pearce. The building is...

08 June 2012

1730s – La Touche Bank, Cork Hill, Dublin

The La Touches were a Huguenots family from the Loire, who fled to Holland on the Revocation of the Edict of Nantes. They later moved to Ireland, becoming involved in the weaving trade...

08 February 2010

1732 – Long Room Library, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Thomas Burgh The old Library of Trinity College (old because of a newer neighbour built by Ahrends Burton Koralak) is Thomas Burgh’s masterpiece. A huge building, it originally towered over the university...

25 April 2013

1733 – The Deanery House, Fishamble Street, Dublin

Architect: Edward Lovett Pearce Designed by Sir Edward Lovett Pearce for Dean Welbore Ellis. Although it looked like a single house, it in-fact contained three houses, one each for the Dean, Chancellor and...

08 February 2010

1734 – Printing House, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Richard Cassels This is probably Richard Cassel’s first independent work in Dublin. It is a little building with a doric temple front, but unusual for Cassels in that the columns are true...

21 February 2010

1738 – Newman House, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: Richard Cassels Like Iveagh House further along St Stephen’s Green, Newman House is obviously two houses planted together due to the lack of a unifying facade. The smaller house (No. 85) was...

14 December 2009

1740 – Tyrone House, Marlborough St., Dublin

Architect: Richard Cassels Cassels designed this Dublin town house for Marcus Beresford, Earl of Tyrone, in Marlborough Street between 1740 and 1745. A fine example of Cassels’ robust sober style. The central Venetian...

Skip to toolbar