Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Dublin City

05 February 2010

1901 – Former Bank, Ormond Quay, Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Former bank branch with fine 1930s interior. The exterior has a fine bull-nosed corner executed in stone to contrast with the brickwork.

13 April 2010

1901 – Former Fire Station, Dorset Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy A fine fire station designed by the city architect C.J McCarthy in 1901, this was one of a series designed by the architect in the city. The others are on...

26 January 2010

1901 – Former Trustee Savings Bank, Rathmines, Dublin

Architect: Vincent Craig Designed by the Belfast based architect Vincent Craig (brother of the first Prime-minister of Northern Ireland, Lord Craigavon) as a branch for the Belfast Banking Company. This later became part...

23 October 2012

1901 – Nurses’s Home, Dr. Steeven’s Hospital, Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Demolished Nurses Home and extra hospital accommodation, previously sited infront of Dr. Steeven’s Hospital. Once removed, it opened up the site to allow the hospital buildings to be better...

19 February 2010

1901 – Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, Adelaide Road, Dublin

Architect: Carroll & Batchelor The ‘Eye and Ear’ as it is known opened in 1901 in a Queen Anne inspired symmetrical design by Carroll & Batchelor. Internally the circulation spaces were skimped on...

13 January 2014

1901 – St. Aiden’s Church, Drumcondra, Dublin

Architect: Richard Orpen Chapel-of-ease for the St. George’s Parish. The building was built to accommodate 400 people. Demolished to make way for a rectory in 1963.

28 March 2011

1902 – Former Bank, Thomas Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne Former branch of the Hibernian Bank, later the Bank of Ireland. The building has fine, tiling, panelling and ceiling mouldings intact. The large wooden bank counter is sadly gone.

08 February 2010

1902 – Graduates Memorial Building, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew

17 February 2010

1902 – Iveagh Markets, Francis Street, Dublin

Architect: Frederick G. Hicks Dating from 1902, the brick and stone facade hides a large functional cast-iron galleried market hall. In operation until the 1990s its future use is now uncertain. The estimated...

Skip to toolbar