Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Dublin City

01 April 2010

1911 – Former Todd Burns, Mary Street, Dublin

Architect: C.B. Powell Like the larger store (now Pennys) across the street, this attractive piece of commercial architecture was built for Todd Burns. Now a facade to a shopping centre.

17 September 2009

1911 – Hick’s Tower, Dublin

Architect: Frederick G. Hicks

18 February 2010

1911 – Nos.60-61 South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: Edwin Bradbury A fine pair of commercial buildings with ornate upper stories. No. 61, on the right was rebuilt by Edwin Bradbury in 1911.

10 February 2010

1911 – The International Bar, Wicklow Street, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor

07 April 2010

1912 – Institute of Technology, Bolton Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy This palatial building in red brick and Mountcharles Sandstone was designed by the City Architect Charles J. McCarthy and was built between 1909-12. McCarthy was the son of leading Victorian...

27 March 2012

1912 – Liffey Bridge Gallery Proposal, Dublin

Architect: Sir Edwin Lutyens Intended to house the collection of Sir Hugh Lane, and to replace the Wellington Bridge (Ha’penny Bridge,) Lutyens design was rejected by the city corporation. Lane was keen to...

17 February 2010

1912 – Nos.102-3 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son Originally constructed for West & Son, in a style heavily influenced by Richard Norman Shaw’s work in England. Described as having a “Louis XVI interior”.

03 December 2010

1912 – Phoenix Cinema, Ellis Quay, Dublin

Architect: Francis Bergin Once every neighbourhood or major street had its own cinema, many are sadly gone. The Phoenix lives on, but as a furniture store. However a glimpse inside shows original staircases...

10 March 2015

1912 – Proposal for University College Dublin, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin

Architect: Doolin & Butler The successful entry by Doolin & Butler for a new university building on Earlsfort Terrace, as published in The Building News, November 9 1912. There are a few differences...


Skip to toolbar