Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Dublin City

26 April 2012

1925 – Nos. 4-5 Trinity Street, Dublin

Architect: Patrick J.F. Munden Fine early twentieth century commerical building in brick with stone trimming.

07 April 2010

1925 – Nos. 9-11 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Plain granite finished building whose sole decorative feature is the corner to Cathedral Street and a rather clumsy balcony.

07 April 2010

1926 – Hammam Building, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Chillingworth & Levie / H.G. Leask Part of the post-1916 rebuilding of this part of O’Connell Street, quite an austere facade with some nice detailing. Named after the Hammam Family Hotel and...

16 February 2010

1927 – Dublin City Council Offices, Lord Edward Street, Dublin

Architect: McDonnell & Dixon A modest office building used by Dublin City Council. Originally a much grander proposal was planned for this site, which was selected after a major architectural competition in 1913,...

10 June 2010

1927 – Former Gorevan’s Department Store, Camden Street, Dublin

Architect: Rudolph Maximilian Butler A fine concrete building with its structure clearly visible, this former Department Store is now empty after been used as the headquarters of the Irish Nationwide Building Society. The...

07 April 2010

1927 – Gresham Hotel, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Robert Atkinson Rebuilt (1925-27) after the ravages of the Civil War, the Gresham Hotel is a Dublin landmark. It was designed by Robert Atkinson (b Wigton, Cumbria, 1 Aug 1883; d London,...

17 February 2010

1928 – Dublin Gas Company, D’Olier Street, Dublin

Architect: Robinson Keefe The former headquarters of the Dublin Gas Company (built in 1928) has two facades with two different architectural styles. The main facade onto D’Olier Street is Art Deco with a...

22 April 2013

1928 – First Church of Christ, Scientist, Baggot St., Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Millar & Symes were well-known for designing bank buildings, and this church, designed in 1925, resembles one. The foundation stone was laid in 1927, with the church opening in...

18 February 2010

1929 – Former Bank, South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: Frederick Jermyn Former bank building, now converted into a bar. Constructed in 1929 for the National Bank. Jermyn was principal assistant to J.F. Fuller before going into partnership with him in 1916,...