Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Dublin City

03 May 2010

1955 – Former Meath Hospital, Heytesbury St., Dublin

Architect: Robinson Keefe Devane Extension to the original 19th century hosipital in a Dutch modern style. Extended in 1962 by the same architects. Three substantial interlinked blocks make up this stage of the...

26 April 2010

1957 – Christian Brothers School, Fairview, Dublin

Architect: O’Connor & Aylward Best described as mid-century Irish religious institutional, this school for the Christian Brothers was built alongside an earlier building.

09 June 2010

1957 – Dublin Corporation Unbuilt Proposal, Wood Quay, Dublin

Architect: Jones & Kelly The site at Wood Quay had been earmarked as a site for the headquarters of Dublin Corporation since the 1950s. Many schemes had already been proposed including this when...

02 April 2011

1957 – Nos. 16-17 Suffolk Street, Dublin

Architect: W.M. Mitchell & Sons Mid century office building that replaced two ornate Victorian commercial buildings by J.J. O’Callaghan. Built for Friends’ Provident & Century Assurance Co.

07 April 2010

1959 – Dublin Bus, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Brendan Ellis & G.P. O’Shea An infill building on the western side of O’Connell Street, the Dublin Bus offices was originally built for its parent company Coras Iompair Eireann. The façade features...

04 January 2012

1960s – DIT Engineering Workshops, Linen Hall, Dublin

Architect: Byrne, Whelan and Associates Enginnering workshops in a Brutalist style buried in a mixed complex of buildings off Bolton Street. Largely unknown, it is a relatively small building with a strong visual...

02 May 2009

1960s – Social Welfare Offices, North Cumberland Street, Dublin

25 June 2014

1960s – The Pearl Bar, Fleet St., Dublin

Possibly built to designs of architect and sculptor Gary Trimble. Also believed that Signa, an Irish design group led by Michael Scott may have had some input into the facade. The Pearl was...

05 December 2014

1960s – Unbuilt twin for O’Connell Bridge House, Dublin

Architect: Desmond Fitzgerald After O’Connell Bridge House was constructed in 1965 on the eastern side, it was suggested that a twin be built on the site of the Ballast Office on the western...

Skip to toolbar