Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Dun Laoghaire Rathdown

15 October 2012

1841 – Manderley Castle, Killiney, Co. Dublin

Architect: Sandham Symes Probably designed by Sandham Symes for his grandfather Robert Warren, and originally named to commemorate Queen Victoria’s accession to the throne. Essentially a large suburban house, in extensive private grounds,...

28 January 2010

1842 – Royal St. George Yacht Club, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany / George Papworth A fine facade dominated by classical columns in a design of pedimented pavilions – designed over a period of some years and by two different architects....

18 November 2007

1842 – Sorrento Terrace, Dalkey, Co. Dublin

Architect: Located on the easternmost end of Dalkey’s heritage village overlooking Killiney Bay, the row of eight four-storey houses with wraparound sea views has traditionally been an oasis of professional class anonymity. These...

19 December 2012

1843 – Loreto Abbey, Dalkey, Co. Dublin

Founded in 1841 by Frances Teresa Ball (1794-1861), a native of Dublin. Her first foundation was at Rathfarnham and was called Loreto Abbey, from which title the sisters became known as Loreto sisters....

24 March 2012

1843 – Mount Annville, Dublin

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany / William Dargan Probably initially design by Dargan for himself with work also by John Skipton Mulvany. After Dargan sold the house in 1863, it became a convent and...

11 December 2014

1843 – Salthill Hotel, Monkstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany, John McCurdy Designed by J.S. Mulvany for the Dublin & Kingstown Railway Co., around 1836 but not constructed until 1843. Extended in the 1860s by John McCurdy, who also...

28 August 2012

1845 – St. John the Baptist, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: Patrick Byrne The church of St. John the Baptist was designed by Patrick Byrne in 1842 following a plan by A.W.N. Pugin which was published in the Dublin Review. The initial building...

18 November 2010

1847 – Inniscorrig, Dalkey, Co. Dublin

Architect: Tudor-style house built in a robust asymmetrical design overlooking Dublin bay. The house was built in 1847 by a very wealthy Dublin physician named Sir Dominic Corrigan, who was based in No....

07 July 2010

1847 – Lighthouse East Pier, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: George Halpin, This permanent lighthouse and dwelling was designed by Chief Engineer with the Ballast Board, George Halpin, with some later alterations by Jacob Owen. The cost of the granite tower was...


Skip to toolbar