Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Dun Laoghaire Rathdown

27 January 2010

1862 – Presbyterian Church, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Andrew Heiton The third church designed by Scottish architect Andrew Heiton in a French Gothic in Dublin. The other two are Findlater’s Church on Parnell Square, and Christ Church Presbyterian in Rathgar....

03 May 2013

1863 – Church of Ireland, Rathmichael, Co. Dublin

Architect: Deane & Woodward Designed in 1860 but not constructed until 1861-62, after the death of Benjamin Woodward in 1861, so possibly mostly the work of Thomas Newenham Deane. Later extended by Welland...

27 January 2010

1865 – Mariners Church, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Joseph Welland / Raffles Brown Originally the principal Church of Ireland in the town, the Mariners Church, now the Maritime Museum, was built in two stages – 1837 and 1865. The original...

28 January 2010

1865 – Presbyterian Manse, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan Fine Victorian manse by Charles Geoghegan in the grounds of Andrew Heiton’s French gothic church on York Road.

27 October 2011

1866 – St. Patrick’s Church, Monkstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin From the Dublin-based magazine the “Dublin Builder” of 1st September 1865, “This church, which is at present in course of erection is in the French Pointed style. Exclusive of...

27 May 2014

1867 – St. Philip Church of Ireland, Milltown, Co. Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew Commissioned in 1864but not completed for several years, and designed to serve a new suburb of Dublin. Entrance to the church is through an open porch beneath an intended...

11 March 2014

1868 – St. Paul’s Church of Ireland, Glenageary, Co. Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones The cost of this church was provided out of a bequest by a Miss Jane Shannon, a wealthy lady of Belfast, left to build a number of churches in...

03 January 2013

1869 – St. Joseph’s Church, Glasthule, Co. Dublin

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Completed by Ashlin after the demise of the partnership, although the original tower and spire designed by Pugin & Ashlin was never constructed. A later tower proposed by Ashlin...

01 April 2014

1870 – Gatelodge and School, Dalkey, Co. Dublin

Architect: E.H. Carson Combined gate-house and school building for St. Patrick’s Church of Ireland in Dalkey. Still standing today although missing the top of the small tower. A parishioner Charles Leslie presented the...