Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Dun Laoghaire Rathdown

23 October 2012

1903 – The Pavilion, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Kaye-Parry & Ross Pavilion and pleasure grounds incorporating concert hall, sun lounge, and tea rooms. Originally constructed in 1904, but rebuilt in 1916 after a fire the previous year. Later pulled down...

10 May 2013

1904 – Knox Memorial Hall, Monkstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Erected by Mrs Alice Knox in memory of her husband, Capt. Edward Chaloner Knox, at a cost of nearly £4,000. Originally Mrs. Knox intended “to build a home for...

27 January 2010

1904 – Methodist Church, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: George F. Beckett In a town of spires and towers, this small Methodist Church on Northumberland Avenue has neither. A simple gothic revival design with interesting massing of entrances in relation to...

31 January 2015

1905 – Kilteragh, Foxrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: W.D. Caroe Designed for Sir Horace Plunkett, by England-based William D. Caroe, in an Arts and Crafts style. Plunkett was involved in the agricultural co-operative Movement, a MP for South Co. Dublin,...

22 February 2014

1907 – Golf Club Pavilion, Milltown, Co. Dublin

Architect: Donnelly & Moore Unbuilt design for clubhouse for the then newly established Milltown Golf Club. The clubhouse constructed was designed by George L. O’Connor. Published in The Irish Builder and Engineer, June...

10 June 2014

1908 – Swimming Baths, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Kaye-Parry & Ross Originally opened in 1842 and rebuilt by the town council in 1908. In 1843, John Croswaithe built baths on the corner of Scotsman’s Bay. Originally known as the Royal...

15 August 2012

1909 – Former Post Office, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: J. Howard Pentland Former Post Office designed by J. Howard Pentland of the Board of Public Works. Now a coffee outlet. Like many of the post offices constructed at this time, it...

27 January 2010

1911 – Northumberland Hall, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater Built as a meeting hall, this is an attractive Arts & Crafts building. Now containing offices of an architects firm – Moloney O’Beirne Architects.

28 March 2015

1912 – Golf Club House, Foxrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Whymper The suburb of Foxrock was developed by William and John Bentley and Edward and Anthony Fox, who, in 1859, leased the lands of the Foxrock Estate from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners...