Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Dun Laoghaire Rathdown

28 March 2015

1913 – House, Foxrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: William Whymper Domestic house by English architect William Whymper, one of two buildings in Foxrock that he designed. His other local commission was the clubhouse at Foxrock Golf Club. It is unclear...

06 May 2013

1929 – Our Lady of the Wayside Church, Kilternan, Co. Dublin

Architect: Kaye-Parry, Ross & Hendy Designed by Arnold Francis Hendy of Kaye-Parry, Ross & Hendy and constructed in timber. A simple chapel, the interior has a curved vaulted ceiling with two rows of...

15 October 2013

1934 – 38 Greenfield Rd, Mount Merrion, Dublin

Architect: Rupert Jones Part of Mount Merrion Park development built for Mr & Mrs Vaughan Dempsey. Designed by Rupert Jones of Jones & Kelly. The estate at Mount Merrion started to be sold...

17 October 2013

1936 – Mount Merrion, Dublin

Architect: Jones & Kelly Original pages from Irish Homes brochure circa 1936 of house designs available to purchase in the Mount Merrion development.

27 January 2010

1937 – Geragh, Sandycove, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Michael Scott Designed by Michael Scott as a home for himself, he had bought the site by the martello tower at Sandycove some years before, and originally intended it as a site...

22 November 2011

1949 – Aspro Factory, Dublin

Architect: Alan Hope Drawing for design of staircase and entrance foyer. Winner of the RIAI Gold Medal for the period 1947-1950. Demolished.

27 January 2010

1953 – Passenger Terminal, Carlisle Pier, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Office of Public Works Recently demolished, this 1950s ferry terminal hid a Victorian railway station. The passenger terminal was designed as a temporary measure to be replaced at a later stage with...

11 August 2013

1966 – Stillorgan Shopping Centre, Stillorgan, Co. Dublin

Architect:John Costello & Associates Opened in 1966 as Ireland’s first shopping centre. Essentially an open air private streetscape with covered walkways, the complex is still quite as designed, with more recent shop facades...

04 February 2010

1969 – Restaurant Building, University College Dublin, Co. Dublin

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker The UCD restaurant building was awarded the RIAI Gold Medal for 1968-70. The citation read:”This elegant building is part of the UCD campus in Belfield. It is sited in...