Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Co. Dublin

08 February 2010

1937 – War Memorial Reading Room, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Thomas Manly Deane Small classically inspired reading room, connected by tunnel to the Long Library and intended for the use of Postgraduate students. An octagonal reading room on a plinth with a...

08 April 2010

1938 – Former Aldephi Cinema, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: W.R. Glen Open until the early 1990s, the Adelphi was demolished and part of its fa├žade retained to provide car parking for the expanded Arnott’s Department Store. Not only was the fine...

30 June 2010

1938 – Former Classic Cinema, Terenure, Dublin

Former cinema, now like many in the suburbs, used as a commercial premises. The building along with a smaller light industrial premises alongside has Art Deco touches. It seated over 700 people and...

27 February 2014

1938 – Irish Sweepstakes Building, Ballsbridge, Co. Dublin

Architect: Robinson & Keefe Office complex built in 1937-38 as the administration centre of the world wide business (and possibly world wide con job) that was the Irish Sweepstakes. Constructed after the previous...

09 June 2010

1939 – Clarence Hotel, Wellington Quay, Dublin

Architect: Bradbury & Evans Fine 1930s hotel which was modernised and extended upwards in the 1990s. In 2007 a Norman Foster designed scheme was proposed that would have meant the demolition of all...

18 February 2010

1939 – Department of Industry and Commerce, Kildare Street, Dublin

Architect: J.R. Boyd Barrett This building was the result of a competition announced in 1935 to design accommodation for new government departments. The state had been using office space scattered all over the...

09 April 2010

1939 – DIT Cathal Brugha Street, Dublin

Architect: Robinson Keefe Built as the College of Domestic Economy for the City of Dublin Vocational Education Committee and now a part of DIT. It has an excellent Art Deco entrance hallway. The...

02 May 2009

1940s – Hendrons, Dominick St., Dublin

Former manufacturing plant, now artist studios and light commercial space.

06 May 2015

1943 – Former Munster & Leinster Bank, Inchicore, Dublin

Architect: McDonnell & Dixon Former branch of the Munster & Leinster Bank, later a part of Allied Irish Banks. McDonnell & Dixon were very much the house architects for the Munster & Leinster...