Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Co. Dublin

10 June 2010

1948 – Post Office, Andrew Street, Dublin

Architect: Sidney Maskell & John Fox A large building, the Post Office was built to replace an earlier on on nearby Church Lane which links Andrew and Suffolk Streets to College Green. The...

22 November 2011

1949 – Aspro Factory, Dublin

Architect: Alan Hope Drawing for design of staircase and entrance foyer. Winner of the RIAI Gold Medal for the period 1947-1950. Demolished.

18 September 2015

1950 – Inchicore Chassis Works, Inchicore, Dublin

Architect: Michael Scott & Associates In the late 1940’s Michael Scott became involved with Córas Iompair Éireann (CIE) the National Transport Company which came into being on the 1 January 1945 as a...

12 June 2010

1950s – Former Veterinary College, Ballsbridge, Dublin

Architect: Two separate veterinary schools were run by UCD and TCD at the Ballsbridge site and this continued until 1977 when the two schools were merged and fully incorporated into UCD. With an...

17 November 2014

1951 – Boland’s Biscuit Mills, Grand Canal Street, Dublin

Architect: Samuel Stevenson & Son Built on the site of a building occupied by Éamon de Valera during the 1916 Easter Rising, DeValera would later be President of Ireland, a fact commemorated by...

30 December 2007

1953 – Busáras, Store St., Dublin

Architect: Michael Scott Busáras is one of the first post Second World War examples of the International Modern style in Europe. Busáras was designed by Michael Scott and his team of young architects...

01 February 2010

1953 – Donnybrook Bus Garage, Donnybrook, Dublin

Architect: Michael Scott Donnybrook Bus Garage was completed in 1952. This was a much more radical building than Inchicore and was designed in association with the Danish engineer Ove Arup (1895-1988) whom Michael...

08 February 2010

1953 – Moyne Institute, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Desmond Fitzgerald

27 January 2010

1953 – Passenger Terminal, Carlisle Pier, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Office of Public Works Recently demolished, this 1950s ferry terminal hid a Victorian railway station. The passenger terminal was designed as a temporary measure to be replaced at a later stage with...