Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Co. Dublin

18 February 2010

1939 – Department of Industry and Commerce, Kildare Street, Dublin

Architect: J.R. Boyd Barrett This building was the result of a competition announced in 1935 to design accommodation for new government departments. The state had been using office space scattered all over the...

09 April 2010

1939 – DIT Cathal Brugha Street, Dublin

Architect: Robinson Keefe Built as the College of Domestic Economy for the City of Dublin Vocational Education Committee and now a part of DIT. It has an excellent Art Deco entrance hallway. The...

02 May 2009

1940s – Hendrons, Dominick St., Dublin

Former manufacturing plant, now artist studios and light commercial space.

06 May 2015

1943 – Former Munster & Leinster Bank, Inchicore, Dublin

Architect: McDonnell & Dixon Former branch of the Munster & Leinster Bank, later a part of Allied Irish Banks. McDonnell & Dixon were very much the house architects for the Munster & Leinster...

16 February 2010

1944 – Ffrench-Mullan House, Charlemont Street, Dublin

Architect: Michael Scott Designed and built during The Emergency (Second World War), these flats were intended to be developed along the length of Charlemont Street. However only this block was built. The flats...

04 January 2012

1945 – Proposed Davis Memorial, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: Raymond McGrath Unconstructed design for a memorial for Thomas Davis in St. Stephen’s Green in the centre of Dublin.

21 February 2010

1948 – Guinness Power Station, St. James’s Gate, Dublin

Architect: F.P.M. Woodhouse & Sir Alexander Gibb & Partners On the northern side of James Street, lies the brewery power station, a fine and monumental mid-century industrial building.

10 June 2010

1948 – Post Office, Andrew Street, Dublin

Architect: Sidney Maskell & John Fox A large building, the Post Office was built to replace an earlier on on nearby Church Lane which links Andrew and Suffolk Streets to College Green. The...

22 November 2011

1949 – Aspro Factory, Dublin

Architect: Alan Hope Drawing for design of staircase and entrance foyer. Winner of the RIAI Gold Medal for the period 1947-1950. Demolished.