Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Co. Dublin

08 April 2010

1966 – Abbey Theatre, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: Michael Scott and Partners The Abbey Theatre was founded in 1904 as the Irish National Theatre Company. After purchasing the Mechanics Institute on Marlborough Street, they refitted it as the Abbey Theatre....

27 January 2014

1966 – Ballymun Towers, Dublin

Designed as a quick fix for social housing needs, and constructed by 1966, the fiftieth anniversary of the Easter Rising, the towers were named after the seven leaders. The towers were named after:...

07 March 2011

1966 – Design for John F. Kennedy Memorial Hall, Dublin

Architect: Raymond McGrath The John F. Kennedy Memorial Hall was intended to be a purpose built concert hall for Dublin. Originally suggested by the Arts Council, the project was initially discussed in April...

17 May 2011

1966 – Garden of Remembrance, Parnell Square, Dublin

Architect: Dáithí Hanly The Garden of Remembrance (Irish: An Gairdín Cuimhneacháin) is a memorial garden in Dublin dedicated to the memory of “all those who gave their lives in the cause of Irish...

20 January 2010

1966 – Hume House, Northumberland Road, Dublin

Architect: Lardner & Associates Hume House is named after its developers, a UK based body called Hume Holdings. Originally the seven floors of office space were placed on columns but during a makeover...

25 September 2012

1966 – Office Scheme for Baggot St., Dublin

Architect: Michael Scott and Partners Original speculative scheme for an office development on Lower Baggot St. in Dublin. After the site was cleared and existing residents evicted, with paltry compensation, the developers Hummingbird...

11 August 2013

1966 – Stillorgan Shopping Centre, Stillorgan, Co. Dublin

Architect:John Costello & Associates Opened in 1966 as Ireland’s first shopping centre. Essentially an open air private streetscape with covered walkways, the complex is still quite as designed, with more recent shop facades...

08 February 2010

1967 – Berkeley Library, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Ahrends Burton Koralek Named after Bishop George Berkeley (1687-1753), this building caused quite a stir when built inside Trinity’s grounds next to Burgh’s Library building. In accordance with Le Corbusier’s belief that...

20 January 2010

1967 – Carrisbrook House, Northumberland Road, Dublin

Architect: McDonnell & Dixon Grim office block on an important corner site in Ballsbridge, Carrisbrook House was built on the site of a large Victorian house. The building has an unique hexagonal plan...


Skip to toolbar