Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Co. Dublin

05 December 2013

1762 – Design for Hall Chimney-piece, Charlemont House, Dublin

Architect: Sir William Chambers Lord Charlemont had met and befriended Sir William Chambers in Italy while Chambers was studying roman antiquities and Charlemont was on a collecting trip. Years later, he hired Chambers...

16 February 2010

1762 – Merrion Square, Dublin

Developed by the Fitzwilliam Estate and named Merrion after the second Viscount Fitzwilliam of Merrion.The first project of the Fitzwilliam Estate was Merrion Street and it was quickly built on and plans were...

14 December 2011

1762 – St. Thomas’s Church, Marlborough St., Dublin

Architect: John Smyth Construction started in 1758 and took four years to complete. Based on Palladio’s church of the Rendentore at Venice. Described by Malton as ‘…the church of St Thomas is an...

11 June 2010

1763 – Charlemont House, Parnell Square, Dublin

Architect: Sir William Chambers Lord Charlemont had met and befriended Sir William Chambers in Italy while Chambers was studying roman antiquities and Charlemont was on a collecting trip. Years later Charlemont had hired...

26 November 2013

1764 – Marlay House, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Marlay House was built by Thomas Taylor and was originally known as ‘The Grange’. David La Touche, first governor of the newly established Bank of Ireland acquired and extended the house in 1764...

20 January 2010

1764 – Mellows Bridge, Dublin

This is the oldest standing bridge spanning the Liffey. Built in 1764 and completed in 1768, it was originally known as Queens Bridge after Charlotte of Mecklenburg, wife of George III. It was...

11 January 2013

1765 – Interior Designs, Langford House, Mary St., Dublin

Architect: Robert Adam Remodeling of house for Rt. Hon. Hercules Langford Rowley. Demolished 1931. The house was purchased by Rowley in 1743, and was a large five bay, four story house. It had...

12 June 2012

1765 – Leitrim House, Stephen St., Dublin

Large Georgian mansion now in use as offices. Has an excellent toplit staircase with fine plaster work. The building has an unusual floor plan arrangement on the ground level, perhaps due to the...

03 February 2011

1765 – Malahide Castle, Co. Dublin

The estate began in 1185, when Richard Talbot, a knight who accompanied Henry II to Ireland in 1174, was granted the “lands and harbour of Malahide”. The oldest parts of the castle date...