Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Co. Dublin

07 May 2012

1775 – The Marshalsea, Dublin

Built near the rear of Bridgefoot Street and Bonham Street to replace an earlier Marshalsea between Christ Church Cathedral amd Wood Quay. The Marshalsea was a debtors prison allowing debtors along with their...

05 February 2010

1776 – American Ambassador’s Residence, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Sited near the centre at the park, just off Chesterfield Avenue and close to àras an Uachtaráin is the residence of the ambassador of the United States of America to Ireland. A grand...

09 June 2010

1776 – Harcourt Street, Dublin

Named after Lord Simon Harcourt, the former Lord Lieutenant of Ireland from 1772-76. A fine Georgian street that is largely intact, Harcourt Street leads away from St. Stephen’s Green. The details of Dublin’s...

17 February 2010

1779 – City Hall, Dame Street, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Cooley The site of City Hall on Cork Hill was originally the site of Sainte Marie del Dame which came into the possession of Richard Boyle 1st Earl of Cork who...

21 September 2010

1780 – Design for houses on Sackville Street, Dublin

Design for a terrace of houses on Sackville Street, now O’Connell Street.

12 January 2012

1780 – Design for Theatre, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Sir William Chambers Illustration of the Theatre for Trinity College Dublin, largely as constructed but with an additional dome.

04 May 2008

1780s – Cambridge House, Arbour Hill, Dublin

The residence of a Royal Duke for a short time in the 19th century. This was the Duke of Cambridge, then Prince George of Cambridge, grandson of George III, and first cousin of...

09 June 2010

1780s – Ferryman Hotel, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin

One of the few remaining older buildings on this quay, as most of the former industrial premises have been pulled down for redevelopment. The Ferryman Hotel was built in the 1780’s by Lord...

16 February 2010

1781 – Newcomen Bank, Lord Edward Street, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Ivory Designed by the architect Thomas Ivory in 1781, the former Newcomen Bank is now in use as a Rates office. The original building was half the size of the current...