Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Co. Dublin

25 January 2010

1701 – Collins Barracks, Arbour Hill, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Burgh Collins Barracks is the oldest inhabited barracks in Europe and once one of the largest. In recent years the National Museum of Ireland has taken over the Calvary Square ranges...

10 February 2010

1701 – Marshe’s Library, St Patrick’s Close, Dublin

Architect: Sir William Robinson Designed by Sir William Robinson who was also the architect of the Royal Hospital Kilmainham and the Surveyor General from 1670-1700, the Library was set up by Archbishop Narcissus...

27 March 2012

1701 – Statue of William of Orange, College Green, Dublin

Architect: Of all the military and royal statuary in Dublin, that of William III drew most aggression, serving as it did as a focal point for annual Orange celebrations on July 1, the...

15 July 2010

1702 – St Mary’s Church, Mary Street, Dublin

Architect: Sir William Robinson Outwardly the exterior of St Mary’s is relatively unexciting with the round headed windows that Robinson also used at the Royal Hospital Kilmainham the most dominant feature. The church...

30 March 2011

1703 – Santry Court, Santry, Co. Dublin

Architect: Santry Court – was am early 18th century mansion of red brick with stone facings, built in 1703 by the 3rd Lord Barry of Santry. It was of two storeys over a...

09 June 2010

1706 – Tailor’s Hall, High Street, Dublin

The only one of the old medieval Guild Halls that still exists in Dublin, the Tailor’s Hall is tucked away in Back Lane of High Street. Recent widening of High Street has removed...

06 January 2012

1707 – Custom House, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Burgh The previous Custom House by Thomas Burgh and built in 1707 was sited up river at Essex Quay and was judged as structurally unsound just seventy years later. The site...

26 April 2010

1707 – St. Nicholas Within, Nicholas St., Dublin

The original church was built in the 11th century by Bishop Donat and was dedicated to St. Nicholas of Myra, the patron saint of sailors. It received its name during the early 14th...

17 February 2010

1710 – Mansion House, Dawson Street, Dublin

It was Joshua Dawson who built the mansion in 1710, and which was purchased in 1715 by the Corporation for £3,500 as a residence for the Lord Mayor. Dawson is believed to have...