Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Co. Dublin

23 June 2010

1720 – No.9 Henrietta Street, Dublin

Architect: Edward Lovett Pearce The interior of No 9 Henrietta Street has an excellent staircase and hall and can be seen through the courtesy of the Sisters of Charity in the afternoons from...

19 February 2010

1720 – Upper Yard, Dublin Castle

In the eighteenth century as the Georgian streetscape of Dublin was being developed, the castle was redeveloped also. A young architect believed to be Sir Edward Lovett Pearce redesigned the upper yard using...

14 July 2015

1720s – 10 Mill Street, Blackpitts, Dublin

“We publish with present issue a perspective sketch of one of the many interesting old houses of the Queen Anne type to be found in that now almost deserted quarter of our city...

31 May 2013

1722 – Statue of George I, Essex Bridge, Dublin

Sculptor: John van Nost the Elder Erected on a elevated pedestal on the upstream side of what was then Essex Bridge in 1722. Commissioned in 1717 as “a grateful acknowledgement of the many...

21 November 2014

1725 – Riversdale House, Kilmainham, Dublin

Riversdale House, probably originally had Dutch Billy gables, and was constructed entirely in stone rather than brick. Constructed about 1725 by a Dublin lawyer called John Fitzpatrick who sold it shortly afterwards to...

20 February 2012

1726 – Drumcondra House, Dublin

Architect: Edward Lovett Pearce Designed by Sir Edward Lovett Pearce and was built in 1726 for Sir Marmaduke Coghill who had lived in nearby Belvedere House. In 1842 Drumcondra House was rented by...

08 May 2012

1727 – Corn Market House, Thomas St., Dublin

The Corn Market building was a long arcaded structure, the ground floor of which was completely open to the street. With thirteen arches on each side, and a central cupola, it was a...

22 November 2012

1727 – Obelisk, Newtown-Park, Stillorgan, Co. Dublin

Architect: Edward Lovett Pearce Stillorgan Obelisk was built in 1727 at the instigation of Lord Allen, probably to provide local employment that year. It may also have been built as a monument to...

13 December 2011

1728 – Linen Hall, Yarnhall St., Dublin

Architect: Thomas Burgh, Thomas Cooley In 1722 a centralised Linen Hall was proposed by the Linen Board and several sites around the city were considered and dismissed. The Linen Board eventually decided in...

Skip to toolbar