Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Co. Dublin

19 February 2010

1908 – Facade of Presbyterian Church, Adelaide Road, Dublin

Architect: H.J. Lundy Although the architect of the building is unknown, it is known that the dramatic façade was designed by H.J. Lundy in 1908. Unfortunately that is all that remains of this...

15 January 2014

1908 – Malborough Hall, Mobhi Rd., Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller Constructed in 1908, and extended in 1911 and 1919, it was built as a teacher training college, and later a residence for male students. Tt has been used by several...

03 May 2009

1908 – Nos. 16-17 Halston St., Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Offices, originally built for Carton Bros., poultry, game, egg, butter and cheese agents.

21 February 2010

1908 – O’Neill’s Bar, Suffolk Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P. Sheridan One of Dublin’s landmark public houses, O’Neill’s is sited on the narrow side Church Street and the more important Suffolk Street opposite St Andrews church. An ebullient Victorian structure with...

23 March 2011

1908 – Queen Victoria Statue, Leinster House, Dublin

Sculptor John Hughes Architect Thomas Manly Deane A sculptural ensemble dedicated to the memory of the recently deceased Queen Victoria. The queen sat atop the monument, a massive 15th foot tall; lower down...

26 April 2013

1908 – St. Agatha’s, North William St., Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son The foundation stone of the church was laid on Sunday April 25th 1880 and the church was finally completed and blessed by the Archbishop of Dublin William Joseph...

10 June 2014

1908 – Swimming Baths, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Kaye-Parry & Ross Originally opened in 1842 and rebuilt by the town council in 1908. In 1843, John Croswaithe built baths on the corner of Scotsman’s Bay. Originally known as the Royal...

28 January 2010

1909 – Carnegie Library, Malahide, Co. Dublin

Architect: Anthony Scott An elaborately gabled red brick Library, the Carnegie Library was built in 1909 at a cost of £1000. Andrew Carnegie, a Scottish multi-millionaire, donated huge amounts of money for the...

28 March 2011

1909 – Fire Station, Thomas Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy One of four early 20th century fire stations in Dublin by the City Architect C.J. McCarthy. This, now part of the NCAD campus, has been recently restored to show off...